GT Road Racing

Radford Racing School’s GT Road Racing is rewarding for every student and can put you on the fast track to earn your SCCA License.

GT Road Racing Overview

Helmet

Course fundamentals:

– For aspiring racers and those looking to improve their track driving
– Advanced car control and vehicle dynamics training
– Racing line and track training
– Fundamental racing etiquette and techniques

Race Track

Course specs:

– 3-to-1 student/instructor ratio
– ~80% seat time
– 1.6 mile road course
– Manual 392 Scatpack Challenger

Your Course Options

You can choose between a 3-day and a 4-day course.

3 Day

WAS $6499 | NOW $4874

SCCA Permit

Concentration, Anticipation + Vision
Weight Transfer
Proper Line Technique (Entry, Apex + Exit)
Throttle Steer
Heel + Toe Downshifting
Skid Control (Understeer & Oversteer)
ABS and Non-ABS Braking Exercises
Handling Oval
Accident Avoidance
Lead and Follow Sessions
Flags, Passing Techniques, Driver Signals
Open Track Sessions

4 Day

WAS $7499 | NOW $5624

SCCA Full Competition License

Ground School / Seating Intro
Skid Control and Accident Avoidance Training
Lead + Follow / Open Track Sessions
Graduation







Watch The Course Video!

Get More Info

If you have any questions not covered on our site, feel free to fill out this form and we’ll get you the answers you’re after. Or you can also call anytime at 408-403-7600.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Name

Here’s What Our Students Are Saying!

REVIEW WIDGET

GT Road Racing – FAQs

Our Gt Road Racing course is offered on a 3-day and 4-day basis. Both of these courses include weight transfer, proper line technique, throttle steer, skid control, handling oval, accident avoidance and lead & follow sessions.
On our 3-day Gt Road Racing course you will use the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat (Manual), and if you choose the 4-day course you will also get to use a Ligier JS Formula 4 car.
Courses are capped at 12 students to ensure students receive proper and detailed instruction.
Regular hours are 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (October – May). Summer hours are 7:00 am – 2:30 pm (June – September).
Students will need an SA2020 or higher-rated helmet. Helmets can be bought in our pro shop for $229 or rented for just $25 a day. Students will also need closed-toed shoes, driving shoes are preferred.
Yes, students who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.

Many different types of students enroll in our 3 and 4-Day GT Road Racing program. Beginner drivers to seasoned racers agree that this course – with our student ratio to instructor averaging 3 to 1 – proved to be one of the most valuable experiences of their lifetime. The class is demanding, the challenges real, and the concentration it takes to complete this course will be rewarding for every student. It can also put you on the fast track to earn your SCCA License, which will be determined by your Radford instructor.

Although beginners may enroll, you must be proficient with a manual transmission. Over 80% of the GT Road Racing course is spent on the skills pad and 1.6-mile track, while the remaining 20% is in-classroom. Since our student ratio to instructor averages 3 to 1, you are guaranteed a personalized instruction experience second to none.

All of this information will be put in practice on the track where an instructor will lead you, showing cornering techniques, early and late apex points (the racing line), and the quickest way around the track. They will ride with you and personally coach you through each turn. On your own, you will have the opportunity to go as fast as your new abilities will take you. There is no speed limit in road racing!

Day Three will put your racing knowledge to test. Real use of SCCA rules, racing etiquette, and racing flags are put into play. You will experience the adrenaline rush of being out on a track at speed while discovering a newfound respect for everyone who has competed in the motorsports arena.

The last day of the GT Road Racing course will hone your skills further including introductions to new track configurations and techniques of learning a new track. Students receive increased track time and can practice the fundamentals learned in the previous 3 days with the added element of racing etiquette and rules.

Radford Racing School Logo